As the primary teaching hospital for The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Parkland trains more than 50 percent of the physicians practicing in Dallas County.
Our Level 1 Trauma Center is the first and busiest in the region. We are a leader in disaster preparedness, implementing disaster response tactics that have been adopted around the world.
Established in 1962, Parkland’s Burn Center is now the second largest civilian burn unit in the nation.
Every day at Parkland:
- As many as 600 patients will be cared for on the inpatient units
- More than 1,850 people will receive primary care
- As many as 2,825 people will be cared for in outpatient clinics
- Approximately 31 babies will be born
- More than 40 surgeries will be performed
- Nearly 400 people will be seen in the emergency department
- Approximately 21,500 prescriptions will be filled
- Over 26,225 laboratory tests will be performed
- Nearly 1,175 radiology examinations will be performed